Hot and Dry sesame Noodles
The famous Wuhan Noodles, this Chinese Hot Sesame Noodles can spice up your weekends at home!
- 200g alkaline noodles, light yellow ones (either dried or fresh ones)
- Around 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ to 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- ⅛ teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- small pinch of salt
- Pickled Radish
- Green Onion
- Vinegar (optional)
- Chinese Chili oil
- Cook the dried noodles for 4-5 minutes or fresh ones for 3-4 minutes. Transfer out and drain.
- Place the noodles to a clean operating board, add sesame oil and combine well. This process can cool down the noodles quickly and creating a chewy texture. Set aside to cool down completely.
Tune sesame paste
- In a large bowl, first mix 2 tablespoons of sesame paste with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Stir until well combined. And then add light soy sauce and dark soy sauce, continue stirring in one direction until well combined. Add around 4-5 tablespoons of warm water by three batches. Each time after adding water, stir in one direction until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add Chinese five spice and a small pinch of salt based on personal taste. Combine well.
Other serving ingredients
- Mince green onion and chop the pickled radishes. You can also add smashed peanuts, pickled green beans or other toppings.
- Smashed 2 garlic cloves and then soak with warm water.
Assemble the noodles
- Combine well before enjoying.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot and re-cook the noodles for around 10 -15 seconds until hot. Shake off extra water and transfer to serving bowl.
- Add around 2 tablespoons of tuned sesame paste mixture, ¼ teaspoon vinegar (optional), 1 teaspoon garlic water, ⅛ teaspoon sugar and 2 teaspoons of chili oil. Top with green onion and pickled radish.
- Spicy World of USA, Inc is a family-owned wholesale ethnic foods distributor servicing the entire USA and Eastern Canada. Ever since our humble beginnings, we source the finest South Asian, British, and African foods from around the world. Today, we offer many of the world’s biggest brands, as well as our own house brands Spicy World and Jiva Organics.
- Head Office:
Spicy World of USA, Inc. 10421 Southwest Plaza Drive Houston, TX 77074
Copyright © 2019 Spicy World of USA